COOKIE HALF BAKED CHOCOLATE CAKE
best brownies to buy online The Chocolate Micuit (half baked in French) recipe has become one of the most viewed on the blog, which is why on Passover I decided to publish a gluten-free version of it as well and now it’s time for the upgraded Micuit.
A layer of chocolate cake topped with a generous layer of rich cookie dough, a perfect combination of flavors and textures.
The baking of this recipe is a little more tricky because it is difficult to know what the texture of the cake is when the layer of cookie is placed on top of it.
Guideline for Micuit Baking – Baking should be very short, the less you bake the more runny the texture will be. The more you bake, the drier the inner texture of the Micuit will be, it’s a matter of taste of course. In this recipe the baking is a little longer than a regular fondant baking because of the extra cookie dough
best brownies to buy online
1. Preheat the oven to 190C degrees, brush melted butter all over the inside of the molds, place molds on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
2. Cookie Dough: In a medium bowl whisk sugar and butter, whisk in the egg and then add the flour and baking powder. The dough will be very soft, yet thick. Fold in the chocolate chunks. Cover the dough and chill in the refrigerator.
3. Chocolate Micuit: In a small pan melt butter and add chocolate, stir till chocolate is melted.
4. In a medium bowl combine sugar and flour, add eggs and whisk together till combined to a smooth batter.
5. Pour chocolate mixture into the batter and whisk together till combined to a smooth chocolate batter.
6. Transfer the batter into a piping bag or a plastic bag, with one of the edges snipped off. Fill the mold to half height.
7. Place cookie dough chunks on top of the cake layer, gently place the dough all over the surface of the fondant.
8. Bake for about 8 minutes, turn the pan in the oven and bake for another 8-9 minutes until the cookie layer is golden. Remove the pan from the oven and set aside to cool to room temp’.
9. Remove Cookie Chocolate Micuit from the molds and serve.
Baked Chocolate Pudding
- ½ pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, plus extra for buttering the dish
- 4 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup good cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean
- 1 tablespoon framboise liqueur (optional)
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Lightly butter a 2-quart (9 x 12 x 2-inch) oval baking dish. Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the eggs and sugar on medium-high speed for 5 to 10 minutes, until very thick and light yellow. Meanwhile, sift the cocoa powder and flour together and set aside.
When the egg and sugar mixture is ready, lower the speed to low and add the vanilla seeds, framboise (if using), and the cocoa powder and flour mixture. Mix only until combined. With the mixer still on low, slowly pour in the cooled butter and mix again just until combined.
Pour the brownie mixture into the prepared dish and place it in a larger baking pan. Add enough of the hottest tap water to the pan to come halfway up the side of the dish and bake for exactly 1 hour. A cake tester inserted 2 inches from the side will come out three-quarters clean. The center will appear very under-baked; this dessert is between a brownie and a pudding.
Allow to cool and serve with vanilla ice cream.
There are no reviews yet.